Saturday, December 20, 2014

Let The Wild Rumpus Begin



Tonight, on the darkest night of the year, I wish you a merry, marvelous, magical Winter Solstice (or Summer Solstice if you're not on this hemisphere) ! Come rain, come stars, we'll be out there, on a clearing in the woods, singing praises to the Universe. It's promising to be a stormy night. All the more exciting then. Here's a little prayer that a great poet wrote that reminds me of the mood of the event:


I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.

I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,

as though I had wings.

-Mary Oliver

11 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wild and exciting solstice. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wild Mary Oliver! Merry and magical Winter Solstice to you! And thank you for recommending The Summer Book somewhere on your blog, I am reading it now and enjoying it very much. I am happy to have discovered Tove Jansson, even if it is a little later then I should have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much love to you, dear Milla. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you a wonderful Yule too! Hope you have a great time celebrating this wonderful day, and may the new Light be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you all had a lovely and magical eve! merry merry and wonderful things! xo m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Solstice! I love the mask - what fun for a celebration. We recently moved to Puerto Rico and haven't felt the chill and dark like we used to, but we are still celebrating the Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the light surround and inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a happy Solstice!

    Love&Light

    Lluisa

    ReplyDelete