Saturday, March 15, 2014

Nest


Today I have a piece up at NEST MAG, who's wonderful, kind creator Inga contacted me a while back asking if I was interested in writing about home. You can bet I jumped at the opportunity. Not only is it something I think about often, but its also a really complicated topic for me, so having this kind of an assignment was a nice framework within which I had the freedom to organize my thoughts and feelings.

Be sure to keep an eye on NEST, because each week, they publish the story of another interesting abode, or a person's place in space. Whether it be a small shack built from flotsam and jetsam North of the sun, a tiny cabin, a rowing van, a old house in the moors, a hammock in some mesoamerican jungle, I for one, am forever fascinated by how and why other people live and excited for this window into their idea of home and belonging.


9 comments:

  1. You had me at "roving home". I can't wait to explore this site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a chance to read your piece. You managed to so eloquently capture what I love about the Pacific Northwest. Such beautiful words and images...

      Delete
  2. That was lovely, you have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "..For most of my life, I’ve been en route..."
    yes!
    and your light shines so crystalline in your final paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milla, it's beautiful. I've read the article several times in a row, and shared it at once on my FB page - it's very much you, but it's also an intimate, vast and grounded view of your life and home. Your text is almost a poem, and the pictures are incredibly in tune with the words and with each other. Together Charlie and Kettu bring tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great concept to have people talk about 'home.' Loved your piece.

    ReplyDelete