Monday, June 10, 2013

Small Town Moon

I won't bore you by waxing lyrical about the joys of home. It's a well-worn subject around here. And that sometimes you gotta leave it for a while to love it even more. But, as I exhaled deeply, walking off the ferry, I never wanna leave again, I remembered that summers are for adventures, for sleeping in the mountains, for cities and rivers and roads.
IMG_2427
For now though, I couldn't be happier digging into the earth, digging into work, marveling at the flora and fauna.
IMG_2435
Huge welcome-home bouquet.

Farmhanding.

Less words. More photos of birds.

Hanging out with my buds.
IMG_2459
Taking pictures of my feet.
IMG_2573
Parties.
IMG_2577

IMG_2576

Motley crew.
IMG_2603

Leaving parties early to read a new book on Sylvia Plath and craft while I watch West Wing.
IMG_2572
Summer.

IMG_2456

Unharmed.

IMG_2449

This is why there's no pictures of cats.

IMG_2429
Delicious hippie snackfoods.
IMG_2434
Hanging out with my darling.
IMG_2498

New friends and shocking surprises. Like that this lady artist/farmer/brand new Island Next Door-er, Brooke took the same train home from Cali as me. I was rather shocked and delighted to see this gal, who's banjo playing I admired all the way over the mountains, sitting on Nitsan's lawn.

Connections. Right?
IMG_2555

Shop days.

IMG_2524
Wearing clothes.
IMG_2530
Charms from Sadie and Nicole.
IMG_2476
Marimekko shirt gifted by Ms. Mindy.
IMG_2479
Stocking free weather.
IMG_2484
Pressing flowers and drying herbs.
IMG_2466
And laundry.
IMG_2461
Beach life.
IMG_2504

I have so many ideas for posts, but right now I'm back to work tackling and fishing and baiting my two last pieces about clothes, doing research and clarifying concepts.

There's so much summer life waiting outside the door, weeds growing, wildcrafting, wedding decorations, leather crafting, making cosmetics and concoctions, friends. Is sleep optional, guys?

How's your summer?

11 comments:

  1. um, i'm gonna be getting on a jet and heading right up to there RIGHT NOW! wow, i want an island summer :D looks so perfect!

    i just busted out the leather tooling tools and tried my hand at it this morn. very fun! i have an order for plant hangers that i need to finish up and send to portland and i'm gearing up for some painting. i've been in a crafty mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely DRANK in these photos of your impending Summer....the light is beautiful and reminds me to be happy that I am in Winter, because I get to look forward to Spring and Summer again soon.(but not too soon). Your bird friends, look to be well and happy in your company. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh, this post makes my heart sing with all the bright and colorfulness. cannot wait to get out thre again! and that shirt looks perfect on you. xo m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love your welcome home bouquet! That is what I love about summer most is all the flowers in their blooming glory. And the sweet birds. I was outside today communing with the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no i lost my rhapsodic (?) comment....but i will say it again....oh heaven!!! oh vibrant colors, island waters, blue and stripes and beautiful milla, herbs and crafts and all the sweet friends, this is a breath of pure june perfection in the heart of my favorite month. LOVE LOVE LOVE>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your life looks so amazing, Milla! I mean, I'm seriously smitten. The folks you hang with look absolutely awesome too. Have I told you that you live in my idea of utopia?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously tempted to make a pit stop by the san juan islands on my way back. It looks like a little dreamy utopia over there, with all the music and cute birds. It's always good to be home, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at those flowers! And that cute little bird! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milla! This post just made my day even sunnier and nicer...the Bird, the beer and book, the pressing of flowers, it all just absolutely is what Summer and Love are all about! It has definitely motivated me more to keep up w/posting, I have so many little goodies to post and shall start sharing just as you do and thank you for that :)
    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your life is so magical and quaint! I just love it! And that party looks like it was really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete