Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Birds of paradise


It's been a wild while. Sometimes m life seems a little too schizophrenic to me from moment to moment; editing on my computer wearing sweatpants, then an hour later digging in the garden, or drinking raspberry wine on a field surrounded by musicians and goats, then mushrooming and wildcrafting with C, or wandering the woods in a vintage slip taking pictures of my wares, or making jewelry into the night.
IMG_9893
Not that I'm complaining. Because, I realize, I've got nothing to complain about. Except maybe there's not enough hours in a day. 
  IMG_9895
Want to see how all this hard work pans out? Well, fingers crossed, Fireweed and Nettle opens tomorrow, right in time for May Day!

Solidarity! Finnish mead! Flower crowns in honor of Flora! Frocks and finery! Feathers from imaginary birds!

And then this weekend we're having a big birthday bash for our 1-year-old shop and my kid sister is coming up just for that!

IMG_9837
Oh and, since I'm the luckiest gal alive it seems, guess what I scored on our off-Island extravaganza?!?! Yep, a pair of mint condition, right-sized Frye boots from the floor of Value Village, for only $6.50! I know, right? I'm pretty sure I'm about to get hit by lightning.
IMG_0057
But if that doesn't happen, I'll see ya all tomorrow!
IMG_9807
Peace, Love and Baby Goats!

14 comments:

  1. Love the boots! It goes without saying that I'm super excited about the opening of fireweed and nettle! will look out tomorrow. It's already the first of May here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy May Day to you my dear! I'm excited you're excited! Maybe one of these days, I'll get my zine-scene together again and we can do a zine swap? Or a music swap? One of these days...

      Delete
    2. that sounds an excellent idea! I'm in :-)

      Delete
    3. Once I get through my enormous mail debt, I'll get back to you ;) Have patience and good things will come to you.

      Delete
  2. Your days sound wonderful! I won't lie, I'm way jealous. Is your life seriously this charming and magical or does it just come off that way in your photos and posts?

    Good luck with your shop; I'm sure it will be a great success.

    This outfit is really nice. I can't believe you got boots at VV for 6.50$! The VVs here in Canada are way more expensive; boots go for 20-25$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if you know me at all, you know that it's a little bit of both. I feel very lucky to have my life, and am amazed by it everyday (except when I'm PMSing ; ), BUT it's not as charming as little snippets may tell, it's also a total frantic mess at times. The boots were a total lucky score and we had vouchers for 30% off, but still, folks pricing at that VV knew nothing of what they were doing, right?

      Delete
  3. I'm green with envy over your boots! That is DEFINITELY the holy grail of thrifting...at least for me :) I'm so excited for your shop! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find yours soon m'dear! And I hope my shop lives up to everyone's expectations...getting cold feet over here-haha. No but seriously, thanks for the sweetness.

      Delete
    2. You are so sweet! - and your shop is perfect! Love!

      Delete
  4. can't wait to see your shop! and hellllla score on the boots. they must have been waiting just for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see YOU! we must talk soon! I. Just. Have. To. Get. Trough. This. Week.

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh you lucky lucky girl with those boots! i've splurged on sale fryes before.... $170, you win!

    baby goats are the best, i've always wanted a goat farm... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your shop! :) I can't wait to see what other handmade items you post.

    ReplyDelete