Monday, May 28, 2012

Life!

I've shared pictures from Life in the 60s before, but when I came across these shots of high school students in some Finnish blog, I had to post them.

Probably the most inspiring fashions I've seen in a while. Those tights! That romper! The pigtails on the girl in the extremely short dress!

It's just amazing to me that kids those days actually dressed like this, my own mother included. The girls in the front must be the preppies of their day. Look at how exuberant they all are! Nothing surly about these teens...


Hello, cords of my dreams! For a while now I've been fantasizing about a pair of red velvet pants, either in smooth or corded form. Missa, where's that time machine of ours?!!?

Braiding, maxi frock, perfection. Much like today it seems that all hem lengths were cool.

And just look at this woodland nymph, skipping through not the fields of Woodstock, but the green of her alma mater. Strange days indeed. I wonder what they're doing now...


13 comments:

  1. wonderful! i love these sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these pics are simply glorious and so inspiring! Yes I love the denim shorts too and my eyeballs are on fire at seeing those amazing tights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! and wow, that's a lot of SHORT skirts and dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Milla, thanks for sharing. Unbelievable that we struggle to find clothes like these today, and yet they were in abundance back then. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these. I have been looking for a pair of cords too! When I was 14 I guess 60s/70s style was back in fashion because I had an amazing pair of pink and dark red tie-dye cord bellbottoms. I wish I still had them!

    Love the thigh band on the girl in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jeeeeez, cute overload. time to spice up my daily steez a little bit, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style and you are so sweet! follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any style during that time seems so magical and full of wonderful color...I am with you on the time travel bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspiring fashions indeed!!! the second picture reminds me of the dancing girl in woody allen's play it again sam- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwIxh_TWIA

    love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, the preppies of the 60's actually dressed in outfits that weren't identical to each other apparently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A-MAZ-ING. I have to send this to my mom. And girl I am in the same red cord wanting boat! They never show up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those red cords almost make ME want to wear pants! Seeing all this awesome long blonde hair is reminding me why I like mine and not to cut it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, what is our hold-up with the time machine?! We've clearly got places to be! This is AMAZING. Perfect summertime outfit inspiration! I've worn my little 60's yellow floral mini dress with my blue Keds a bunch recently, channeling this very period it seems. Outfits were so much FUN in those days!

    ReplyDelete