Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pushing Daisies...

...I am not! I'm alive! Alive! But I am wearing daisies, in the form of this dress thrifted from Portlandia.
I've been working too much and our internets are very sporadic, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up with all the wonderful things my electric sisters have been up to and share with you some very exciting events in the not too distant future (read: in the next few days).
'Till then I invite you admire my marvelous dress and my free Dump shoes. (Sometimes I feel so ridiculous about this whole posting-my-clothes-on-the-interwebs-thing...)
See you sooner rather than later!
Ps. Contrary to what one might think, I actually found said show to be to sickly cute-sy for my viewing pleasure. Just 'cos I like cute things doesn't mean I have to buy into the culture of cute. Plus, my enormous nerdness much dictates the few television shows I truly love.
Pps. In spite the above sour-puss statement I will be sharing something of cuteoverload.com-esque in the afore mentioned future post.


15 comments:

  1. I just had a look at your blog earlier today thinking - oh, it has been awhile since Milla's last post and here it is :) I feel ridiculous blogging sometimes too, but it's good in it's way.

    I was reading an introduction to a poetry anthology of recent women's poetry last night. It was talking about cute and how that's often a negative so it's an interesting issue to think about for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the most amazing dress ever! really cute and I can't believe those shows were dumped :) looking forward to more cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love when you post! long time lurker with too many kids in my hands to usually post. i just love everything about your blog, the books, the clothes, the pictures of your island. love love love.

    http://bellisimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love hearing what is going on with you and what you are wearing -- you are living such an idyllic island life, what with the dump, the driftwood and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this dress is so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE CUTE CUTENESSSSSS!! What a great find......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, that dress is perfect on you Milla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dare I say it, but that dress is SO CUTE, possibly the best daisy dress ever! I've had flowers on the brain lately too, or rather girls with flowers quite literally on their brains, check the blog, you'll see what I mean ;)

    I hear ya, but really the only thing ridiculous about you posting your outfits is how ridiculously adorable they are without fail and how ridiculously happy they make me every time I see them! Besides, how else am I supposed to know what you're wearing? ;)

    I'm trying to spend less time on the interwebs myself for a little while to work on a few things that I've been wanting to do and keep finding ways to not get to. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, i know i how you feel but...i do love seeing your outfits! and this one doesn't let us down. the daisies are so you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so beautiful! And tan now! Love the dress - Portland has such neat thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfit goes so well with the background and I adore your shoes...I've been meaning to get a pair very similar but alas, no luck!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog a few weeks ago and its lovely! I'm a Washington girl too and only wish I was on an island instead of in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really is a stellar dress, even in a blogosphere of wonderful dresses!

    And I don't necessarily like cute things, but I will defend Pushing Daisies to the death! Come on, it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl. Oh honey. Oh darling. Oh my. That dress. Your loveliness. Geeeez.

    Yay, looking very forward to hearing more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete