Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sunshine...on my window

Whew. It's been some week. I must have worked some fifty hours already, and I'm going to work in a little bit. Cutting greens and making juices, however seems like a relaxing brake from the intensely brainy-fied occupations of late, but more about that later.
The weather has been sunny and rainy in turns, but I have mostly gotten to observe it through the window. I did sneak out once, to test my new camera and go to the beach. I got this beautiful, basic Gunne at Barter Fair for a dime and a song, and I already know it's going to be a summer staple.
I'm not the only one who's been wearing Gunnies. Bridget and Bonnie sure look beautiful (and the boys don't fare so bad either ;)
The new camera is awesome as far as I can tell. We ended up getting a Canon Powershot just like Missa's and I think it's going to be really fun to use. Oh and remember that poster contest I was talking about a while back? Well guess who won!?!?!?
That's right! C's poster came in first. The officials say it was something of a landslide victory. So in honor of my hubby's winning 60s sensibilities, I announce a give-away of said poster for the Island farmers' market. Leave a comment and in a few days, I'll pick out the recipient and then you can hang this funky lamb in your yurt, cabin, or apartment. (Hopefully copies of the poster will come out of the printers soon.)
Off to work I go.

21 comments:

  1. love your whirly twirly shots!! you always look like you're having so much fun when you take pics.
    and thats one super poster too! congrats on the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lamb on the poster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Totally unique and really inspiring. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so awesome, congrats on the win! also, that dress is fabulous, i always love your look! and why haven't i noticed your tattoo before? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, pick me! pick me!

    That's so awesome that he won! I love how your photo placement looks like you're doing a little victory dance for him too :D

    So, seeing you in your gorgeous gunne this morning inspired me to throw on a cute outfit and take some pics. Remember that long peachy floral number you sent me (I think it might actually be a nightgown)?... wearin' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow, congrats to your man, that is one cool poster. I hope I am the lucky one! Hoping hoping hoping.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely dress and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, beautiful dress, lovely day, and awesome poster :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elephant revival is coming to Rapid City for the hemp ho down, I wouldn't be as excited except you've talked them up so much. I've lived here over a year and haven't really gone to any shows, this will be a big treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twirly summer photos too...and the poster looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is lovely. I'm almost too scared to start thinking about summer wardrobe staples for myself (I live in a very, very hot place.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to C for winning the poster contest!

    And that dress is absolutely beautiful! It looks so fun to wear too. I love dresses and skirts that you can wear and spin around like that, they feel so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome poster! Congrats hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are ever so lovely in your beautiful gunnie dresses! I just adore the poster as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the twirly shots! what a gorgeous dress and congrats to C on winning! that's so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ummmm, that poster is AMAZING! So cool!

    And darling that dress is a dream. So simple and perfect. I love the non-ornamental Gunnies, I wish there were more of them out there!

    Thank you for reminding me that I need to check out more Elephant Revival!

    *kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are few things I love more than little lambies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Gunne is lovely! It is basically a sleeveless version of the flutter-sleeve one that I saved. I just love the doily collar.

    ReplyDelete