Thursday, April 8, 2010

If...

I had a camera (Speaking of which, if anyone has suggestions on a good point-and-shoot, do tell.) there would a picture of me, as well as a picture of rather menacing sky with the promise of hale and rain, and sunshine all within fifteen minutes, but since i don't I thought I'd entertain you'll with some inspiration.

If ever I was to go shopping for new clothes, instead of thrifting, I might visit these two Swedish designers, who's folk sensibilities definitely appeal to me.
e. Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjoden catalogue
Gudrun Sjöden's Swedish folklore is beautiful and colorful, and she is, on occasion, known to sample some Frieda Kahlo, into the mix, which is just dandy by me. Ewa i walla, on the other hand, sticks to muted colors, with colorful accents, and much more earthier, imaginary country-girl looks.
This landscapes make me kind of homesick for beautiful, summery Scandahuvia. I don't know if I would actually fork out a couple of hundred for a dress, but perhaps investing in quality, and pieces you know you would love for years to come. I mean I'm still kind of kicking myself for not investing into a couple of Ivana Helsinki pieces I yarned for like five years ago.
Scandinavian style can be other things besides minimalism for sure.

17 comments:

  1. i love all the rich and vibrant colour combinations. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I want to dress like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are lovely. I love that last yellow dress, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the folklorish style jackets in the top section. I've been hankering after some kind of a Scandinavian style jacket after watching that White Reindeer film - no luck finding one yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, the first 8 outfits look like they could be you. I totally see your inspirations. Whenever I find these folksy pieces at the thrift I think of you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH! The patterns and colors kill! And I agree with Eyeliah totally- all the outfits look completely *you*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I've got a wee box of goodies for you ready for the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am surprised to hear that the first pictures are G. Sjoden! For a while their catalogues seemed really mumsy to me, but these clothes look amazing!

    I have always wondered about the myth regarding Scandinavian simplicity and modernism. There are a lot of colours, prints and shapes out there that are far from minimalism!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy, the second lot of pics have me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove the shook twins. Saw them in Montana last year, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the sony cyber-shot with the carl zeiss lens. It's affordable and awesome. Zooms in really well, and has great clarity. It has a ton of settings, many of which I still don't really know how to use yet :)
    I have been really impressed and happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, love love the fairytale-wear, so inspiring! I came across Ewa i walla in an issue of Selvedge magazine awhile back and was instantly smitten. I can so see you heading off to milk the cow in that first ensemble, milk maid braids and all! These images make me want to try some serious skirt layering.

    As for the camera woes (such a bummer!) I really like my little Canon PowerShot SD1200 lots:

    http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3987&review=canon+powershot+sd1200

    ReplyDelete
  13. i die for those dresses! thank you so much for posting them! wow. dying. amazingness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! New old style! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy flippin amazing! love your blog btw! where do you live that you can get to the beach and live in a house like that? the only place I have been with that kind of dreamville is nor cal- really north. contact me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. I also saw more info about beautiful hairs
    Hair Cut in Long Hair

    ReplyDelete