Sunday, April 11, 2010

If I was something other than myself...

The lovely Anne did this meme in her blog, and since my camera won't be arriving for a few more days,
here's something you may not have known about me. Like that I would be a tool. In other news, I'm still swamped with work.

I've been constantly fatigued, and filled with a kind of sense of ennui for the past few weeks, but last night we had
a bonfire on the beach with some friends and a really yummy dinner under the stars, cheered me grately.
I also managed to fix one of my favorite dresses, that was tearing due to old age, and saw six seals swimming in our bay,
eye-balling the strange land-bound critters that we are.

If I was a month, I'd be September
If I was a day of the week, I'd be Sunday
If I was a time of day, I'd be 7AM
If I was a sea animal, I'd be a Seal
If I was a direction, I'd be East of the Moon, West of the Sun
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a bookshelf
If I was a liquid, I'd be sea water
If I was a gemstone, I'd be an amethyst
If I was a tree, I'd be a fir tree
If I was a tool, I'd be a sickle
If I was a flower, I'd be a bleeding heart
If I was a kind of weather, I'd be misty and rainy
If I was a musical instrument, I'd be a fiddle
If I was a color, I'd be blue
If I was an emotion, I'd be nostalgia
If I was a fruit, I'd be a plum
Elephant Revival's Bridget Law--fiddle and vocals--and Daniel Rodriguez on the electric banjo
If I was a sound, I'd be birdsong
If I was an element, I'd be water
If I was a mammal, I'd be a rabbit
If I was a phase of the moon, I'd be waxing
If I was berry, I'd be blueberry
If I was a bird, I'd be a warbler
If I was a book, I'd be a grimoire
If I was story, I'd be the girl who married a bear

I'd like to tag anyone who's in the mood. And as a side note, I heartily suggest that if a good book or a walk in the woods doesn't shake your sense of ennui, there's always Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, to consider. Happy Monday.

10 comments:

  1. What a great meme! (And I love Dr Horrible).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on doing memes in general, but this one I really like... I think I may have to do it.

    Glad you found some cheer under the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun!
    thanks for the shout out :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of reminds me of the song "Complicated Melody" by IndiaArie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I absolutly love your idea of doing "If I was a..." All your answers were so fun to read, and so poetic! I'm inspired to do one of my own soon. :)

    Dress Rehearsal

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm in for it (: really nice meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm searching for art for a book cover and wondered where the image for this came from? Do you know the artist? I also love your woman and bear front page image--do you have a source for that? The book I'm working on is called The Woman Who Married a Bear.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete