For the past 11 days (though it feels considerably longer) I have not:
1. Done any laundry.
2. Cooked a meal in my house that wasn't for some sort of social event (not that I don't love social events, I'm just saying, no leisurely nights at home).
3. Spent more than 30 minutes in my garden.
4. ...or by my sewing machine.
5. ...or reading a book.
6. ...or working on my manuscript.
7. Slept more than six hours a night.
I have however:
1. Worked and then worked some more.
2. Worked on this super awesome super secret project.
3. Gone to bed late and gotten up early to work on the afore-mentioned project.
4. Listened to an otter rip apart my house.
5. Worn a lot tattered jeans.
6. Decided that the next person who asks me if we're going to have a baby gets it.
7. Formulated in my mind what I'm going to say to that person.
8. Come to the conclusion that no matter how annoyed I am due to the circumstances of my life it would be really mean and unfair to tell a some well-meaning, caring person that:
"No, not just right now, due to the fact that I actually think that a person can have quite a full-filling meaningful life without continually plotting to create small, genetically slightly differentiated copies of oneself, and even if I did have a spare moment to engage in baby-making activity I would probably at this juncture take that opportunity to either a) put my feet up and eat ice-cream, or b) work on my novel, but I would love the see the time machine that brought you here from the 1950s and please do check back next month when I might have less extra curricular activities in mind and I can fully devote myself to the extremely complex and intricate process of baby-making, which always achieves the best results when one plans it meticulously. I mean who leaves this stuff up to Mother Nature?"
9. Realized that I'm way too grumpy to write blog posts and that I should just put my feet up, watch September issue, fall asleep while eating left-overs and wake up in a couple of hours to work some more before going to work.
I ♡ you guys though and will be returning shortly in a better mood, better dressed and more interesting,