Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome to the Dollhouse

Dear Fox Broadcasting Corp.
I know that you are reading this because you are an all-powerful evil empire that has eyes and ears everywhere. For this I am glad. There's a bone I'd like to pick with you. It's hard for me not to take what you have done, personally. This, after all, is not the first time you have done it.


It's okay, everybody makes mistakes. We all know that you're not that bright. So listen here, you can learn from this mistake. Admit that you were wrong, apologize, and maybe, just maybe, he will come back to you. We need you to do this. I need you to do this. Why? Because you're throwing away just about the greatest thing you ever did.

You, the most media-monopolizing, multinational behemoth were airing a TV-show that addressed the abuses of the corporate monoculture of our society, the fragility of identity, and the hollowness of perfection for sale. It has pretty people wearing tight sweat pants, for crying out loud! It simply isn't too high-brow for you. You can change. It's not too late.


So what do you say Fox Corp? Once more with feeling?

(I apologize those of you who are not giant nerdlingers. You wouldn't understand. The trailers tell you nothing. Just trust me. It's a travesty.)

3 comments:

  1. Cool post as for me. It would be great to read something more about that theme. Thanks for posting this info.
    Joan Stepsen
    Gadgets and gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen all of Firefly yet, but I've been watching Dollhouse. I'm not surprised that it is getting canceled since that seems to be just what happens to Whedon's shows, but I'm glad they got a second season at least! I haven't seen the latest ep yet but I'm looking forward to a cool ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I haven't watched Dollhouse yet. Just waiting for the money to materialize to buy it on DVD. Being as it's Joss, I know I'll love it.... Anyhoo....

    Love your Blog. Came by way of Violet Folklore and happily so.

    Smiles
    Heather

    ReplyDelete