Monday, August 31, 2009

American Avatar


Another post on inspirational Woodstock images. Dig it.

Woodstock by you.


Woodstock by you.

Woodstock by you.

Woodstock by you.

What about this awesome clip from the happening itself:


For more inspiration, you might want to check out favorite director Ang Lee's new film Taking Woodstock. While it has barely enough story to keep you enticed for the entire length of two hours (in spite being penned by my favorite Lee collaborator James Scamush), it offers plenty of eye-candy, and a little insight into what it may have been like to have an entire generation "turn on, tune in, and drop out", on a dairy farm in Bethel, New York.


Here's a related entry in my other blog. Peace out, brothers and sisters!

5 comments:

  1. That second image is too cool-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are gorgeous!

    It's a hard task to make a movie of a theme like Woodstock. We all have our preconceived ideas of what it was, and the what the meaning was. I think for what they had to start with they did pretty well. Nothing controversial, nothing uplifting, but quite okay and entertaining. I found it bizarre how so many of my hippie friends shared the same mannerisms with characters. It was nostalgic for me! Not for the 60s, but for my teenage years. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, to have been there...

    Those images are so good and the clip is flippin amazing. All those old schoolbuses brought me back to my days as a wee one when my hippie parents would take my little sister and I out to their garden plot on a friend's farm where they also kept their big old converted (blue!) schoolbus, which later in life I learned was purchased from a friend for a hundred bucks and a bag of weed, hahhaa, oh mom & dad.

    Anyway, from what I can remember the thing never actually ran, just sat out in this field in rural Massachusettes where my sister and I would run around and play in it as if it were our own big hippie playhouse whenever my folks went out garden tending... good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun post! I actually have not seen to many authentic pictures from this time, and it's always just so interesting to see! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do really want to see this movie, almost went yesterday but it fell through...

    ReplyDelete