Thursday, February 26, 2009

So this is the new year...


It is often towards the end of each year, that magazines, blogs and radio programs begin to bombard us with their Best of the Year lists. Not so here in the Bear Matrimony Headquarters. We have a time-machine and we intend to use it. So here's Yours Truly's list of the best of 2009:

Book of the Year:
Delicate Edible Birds by Lauren Groff. I'm sure everyone's already all too familiar with my obsession with Lauren Groff's prose, and I will not bore you with the whys and the hows, but say only this: I dare you to read Watershed and not cry.


Best Film of the Year:
Where The Wild Things Are -movie directed by Spike Jonze (in theatres near YOU sometime in the fall 0f 2009). Enough said.



Album of the Year:


Animal of The Year:
The Sea Otter. (Cuteoverload.com approved!)



Snack of the Year:
South River Miso. It's alive and in a jar!



New Past-Time of the Year:
Quilting. Unemployment optional, but preferred for this hobby.


Item of the Year:
Hammock. See above.



Best Decade To Re-live in 2009:
1990s (and fiiinally everyone else is coming around to Missa and my way of thinking!)

Cozy Grandpa Cardi by thriftcandy.
photo by thriftcandy

DISCLAIMER:
The authors of this post take no responsibility for any predictions posted here. All predictions are subject to changes in zeitgeist, preferences and/or mind.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list! You make me want to do the same thing :)

    I can't wait for the new Bat for Lashes album. I made my roommate listen to the new preview of the album the other day and we were both so excited by the sound of it! ( I also can't wait for the new The Decemberists album and really like the new Alela Diane album as well.)

    The 90's were awesome and I agree with you, although I am a big fan of the extravagance of the 80's.

    And the next book I buy will be by Lauren Groff :)

    Have a very nice day!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otters are great. You may have married a bear, but I once dated an otter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, 2009 according to Milla sounds pretty great to me! So many new things to check out. Maybe this WILL be the year I finally start that quilt I've been talking about for years!

    I SO want that hammock... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see Where the Wild Things Are

    ReplyDelete
  5. "animal of the year: sea otter" - hahahahaha...what an exceptional choice!

    Also, I'm ready to welcome back the '90s. My arms are open wide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for the new bat for lashes album and where the wild things are & a bit of 90's isn't so bad either!

    Thanks for being so lovely (as always!) and visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha that Sea Otter is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post. I can't wait to see Where the Wild Things Are!

    Lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's scary how right you were about this! I've been listening to Two Suns non stop - such a good album.

    ReplyDelete