Monday, December 1, 2008

What Loves Me?

Many moons ago (so maybe just one) I was tagged by the lovely and amazing Kater for a six random things meme, which is fun to do on this here rainy day

Six random things about me:

1.I'm half left-handed. There's is a term, ambidextrous, to describe people who use both their hands to do things. Sadly this term has no opposite, which is what I am. In kindergarten and first grade sweet, but misguided educators with old-fashioned ideas about schooling, tried to make me right-handed, and as a result I write with my left and do everything else awkwardly and ineptly with my right hand...

2. My eyes are different colored. One is blue-gray and the other green-gray with brown flecks. I used to pray for this when I was little and had blue eyes. Creepy...


3. I am obsessed with space shuttles. It is one of my life-goals to see one launched from Cape Canaveral.


4. I find number 4 unlucky.

5. I can tie a cherry stalk into a knot inside my mouth, like Audrey Horne does in Twin Peaks. I was young and stupid and didn't realise this was done through the magic of television, so one summer, I practiced and practiced until I got it right.



6. I love secrets. Sometimes I will keep really trivial things secret, just to have one.

Six random things I like:

1. Ike

2. Radio. So much better than TV.

3. Sleeping at someone else's house (not in a slutty way, mind you).

4. Men who wear dapper things like vests and hats (I married one.).

5. Peppermint patties (we don't have them in Finland.).

6. Science and history magazines (to the point of dweebness).


Six random things I don't like:

1. Chick lit.

2. Hipsters.I can't stand these fucking people
(which makes me a hipster, according this blog. which is the first thing that comes up when you image-google hipster. On the third page the panty-kind finally appear.)

3. Pork. I don't eat meat really, maybe once every 6 months, but never pork. Can't abide it.

4. Most kinds of candy. Lame I know. I just can't stand additives. Chocolate and liquorice are okay though. And peppermint patties, obviously.

5. Mobile phones. Especially fancy ones.

6. Hollywood starlets. I like a little substance in my acting, thank you.

Six Blogsters I'm tagging:
I'm guessing most of you have already done this, but if you haven't and your lacking in things to do, then consider yourselves tagged!

Now for some music:



Why Andre Charles Theriault is not already an international superstar escapes me!

12 comments:

  1. Aaww shoot, does that make me a hipster too? Oh noes!
    And I find it kinda fascinating that our dislikes are totally synonymous:)
    (Also, random thing nr.4: seriously impressive. I tried to do that for months after I first saw Twin Peaks, but it never worked out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a teeny-tiny golden astronaut on my charm bracelet, that my mother brought from Cape Canaverel many years ago... I always think it's a rather mystical name, like Caer Paravel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway! Congrats!! You can e-mail me at aveilhe@yahoo.com to chat about shipping arrangements. By the way, I love Audrey from Twin Peaks -- the scene with the cherry is amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love dapper men too - I got a rock star instead but I can still dream!

    BTW - you totally win cool points from me for being in Finland. I'm half-Finnish myself, recently applied for citizenship. Speaking of, I haven't heard back from them...hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I can do the cherry stem trick too! Yay for random Milla facts and boo to computer viruses that keep me from learning about them in a timely manner!

    So, the fact that you have one green eye and one blue eye has bumped you up about ten levels of awesome in my book and I wasn’t even aware that there were more levels for you to reach! I’ve always thought it would be cool to have different colored eyes. Do you think it’s too late for me to start praying for myself?! Mine are dark gray-green but they often appear dark gray-blue depending on what I’m wearing, soooo if I could just get them to do this at different times, I guess I’d be set ;)

    Mmmmm… peppermint patties are YUM!
    Hey, I have one of those little blog award thingies for you over at my blog if you’d like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post, reading it was a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gifts are on their way, my dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lists, i too love dapper men and haven't quite married one yet but he's there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, no worries your question is good, will answer shortly.
    Someone else had a pic of the same hipster kids to describe hipster today, must have also used google. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog!!! It's so great to discover you. Wonderful, in depth, funny writing... I really love how you focused on female filmmakers, that is a cause dear to my heart! (I went to film school many years ago)Thanks for finding us, it's a pleasure to know you!!!
    (: Sasha from Violet Folklore

    ReplyDelete