Sunday, June 22, 2008

Skinny Love

"It was like riding on the back of a giant sea turtle, across the middle of the ocean at night, while, high overhead, the heat death of the universe begins."

-A blogger in a (hopefully!) fictional post about what sex with the then 16-year old club urchin It-girl, Cory Kennedy, would be like.-
The said post being just one example of the strange fascination, mixed with loathing, that she inspires in people. Cory Kennedy is invariably; everyone's favorite guilty pleasure, at once both utterly guileless and completely jaded, a total waste of time, and in my humble opinion, oddly bewitching.


Cory's blog
Cory Kennedy-Levin on Wikipedia (the article doesn't mention how back in the early 07s the entry fell pray to Wikipedia's controversial notability-policy. It was pretty funny.)

7 comments:

  1. I find her sort of heart-breaking; I feel there is nearly a generation of young girls desperate to be famous or maybe just be someone or do something and fame is the easiest road. I don't think she's gotten known for the right reasons. We're a bit of a lost generation, we don't have enough guidance and the world almost gives us too many options and not enough tools...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right and I think that's part of her what makes her so interesting. She's like the perfect study of the effects of fame, especially this strange new fast-burning breed of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.cory is nice1love her looks!she is the new it girl.love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a way I love her in another I can't stand her.I guess this sort of rebel image makes her interesting.her style is very provocating but anyway always great inspiration to try new looks.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog very much. i hope you do not mind me putting a link for your journal in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe she just doesn't interest me at all. I agree with the clothes horse. It took me a while to really understand that she is known for nothing in particular :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's annoying and ugly

    ReplyDelete