Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I know you're here and I'm not afraid of ghosts

So much has been said about Theresa L. Duncan, since her sudden, untimely, and utterly self-inflicted demise in early July 2007. Invariably she's thus far been called a shrew, a loser, a genius, a lunatic, a plagiarist, a victim, one half of a serious case of folie à deux, and the reason Jeremy Blake, the brilliant multimedia-artist is dead... I do believe she's none and all of the above. And also, that they're pulling a the time-honoured "Ted and Sylvia-routine" on yet another female artist. Never mind that she didn't fill her potential, posthumously or otherwise. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself:

Ny Mag Article
Yeah, I am writing something related to all this...


"At the quarry, my cousins told me that the water was "bottomless", and so I hugged the shore and learned to swim at the Lepeer Library instead, suspecting already exactly what the limitless meant."

listening to: Rainer Maria

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and I find it lovely! Wanna trade links to my fashion blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling girl, i will most definitely repost with my tagged replies, as soon as i get back from berlin! (i'm computerless at the moment, and blogging in spare moments between work and home...!) thank you for tagging me, i'm honoured <3
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete